musée du thé

• 11 comments •

display at mariage frères' musée du thé

While we were waiting for the tea room at Mariage Frères to open for brunch, we walked upstairs to wander around the musée du thé. There was no one else in the museum so we had the place all to ourselves. The best thing we saw: little teacups with mustache protectors built-in. I'm assuming it wasn't a very successful invention because I've never seen a mustachioed man having trouble drinking tea, but perhaps it was more of a concern back in the day.









You Might Also Like

11 comments

  1. I would really like that map on my wall, please! Also, I love the antiqued feel of these photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Margot12.1.12

    Great photos! I love that old typewriter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love old stuff - incredible - the ritual and importance of tea. Bazaar, actually.
    :)
    V

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is too funny! love those tea cups.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so funny, my cousin in Sweden has a few of the teacups with mustache protectors. I couldn't believe it when I first saw them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to visit a museum of tea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE that map! And what a fabulous museum that I never knew existed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous12.1.12

    I may or may not have drooled over that typewriter. LOVE it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty blog! Love it so far...

    ReplyDelete
  10. such a sweet place! and the map is amazing, would soooo love to hang that in my new kitchen :) great paris shots, makes me miss the city even more!! xox

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's one interesting musee!

    ReplyDelete

archives

Bloglovin

Follow

Flickr