Chapultepec Forest

• 7 comments •

chapultepec park

After spending the afternoon at the castle, we walked over to Bosque de Chapultepec - the largest park in Mexico City (and the Western Hemisphere). Alex found some Chicharrón (deep fried pork rinds), a popular snack in a lot of countries with Spanish influence. These ones were served with a chile sauce and lime. 

The sweet smell of the gorditas de la villa, (small, circular cinnamon-y cakes) made me curious enough to get some fresh off the griddle. We watched street performers, refrained from buying tacky souvenirs, and stayed in the park until the sun set. - Mina 

chapultepec park
chapultepec park
chapultepec park
chapultepec park
chapultepec park
chapultepec parkchapultepec park
chapultepec park
chapultepec park

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. You are the best travel photographer Mina! I love how you capture these moments. It makes me feel like I'm there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That food just looks SO GOOD! :) Great pictures like always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm always afraid when it comes to street food in other countries... Not an adcventorous thing to admit but... :/
    xx,
    E.
    www.theslowpace.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Slow Pace - Yeah, I've mentioned before that I have a weak stomach and get sick easily... so I'm not very adventurous either. I wish I could be! The water situation in Mexico City is my least favourite thing about the place.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blake16.7.14

    Found you through Amanda Jane Jones These are lovely pictures! Looks like a fun trip

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha! I don't know about you guys, but I find it really hard NOT to buy tacky souvenirs in my travels... My Italian flag colored magnet (that doubles as a bottle opener) from the Coliseum in Rome is proudly displayed on my fridge, and used about twice per week.
    But I know what you mean! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the way how you capture those little details. Amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete

archives

Bloglovin

Follow

Flickr