la taberna del obispo

• 22 comments •



We were acquainted with the concept of tapas at a restaurant in Minneapolis when we drove there to see The Strokes several years ago. We tried rabbit for the first time and I loved the idea of being able to sample several dishes without committing to one (does that make me sound gluttonous? I am. Whatever, I've made peace with it).

La Taberna had a relaxed atmosphere and was on our way toward the sightseeing of the day so we stopped in. Because Malaga is right on the Mediterranean, seafood is plentiful and incorporated into a lot of the meals. Oddly, potato salad and brie also seemed to be popular menu items - not the type of food we expected to be eating when we went to Spain. We shared some calamari, a bruschetta-type dish with shrimp, and a 'tostas' topped with a tomato sauce, strips of sirloin, and some brie. This won't be our last post about tapas!




You Might Also Like

22 comments

  1. I love tapas and eating little bites of various things. My favorite kind are bacon-wrapped dates. Yum!

    Flora

    ReplyDelete
  2. ME ENCANTA ESPANA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was such a glutton the whole time I was in Spain. Some of the most delicious food I've EVER had. And I've had a lot of food :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! I love tapas! You look so pretty, by the way. I really need to learn how to travel pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know I'm going to sound very 'Un-Worldly' when I ask this, but what are tapas?! I've heard the word before...for sure...but I don't know what they are.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yummmm..... we had tapas in Valencia for the first time. I have no idea what I ate but they sure were good :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tapas are the BEST. And I agree with you, I love being able to sample several things. It's totally okay to be gluttonous :)

    And ditto what Gourmet Traveller says...you always look so gorgeous! I look like a crazy person when I travel. Must work on this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh, tapas...the best part of spain.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the nice comments. It was a pleasant change to not have to live out of a backpack and wear my hair in a bun.

    Here's a link that explains what tapas is better than I could: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tapas

    ReplyDelete
  10. i'm so on the same page about sampling different things! i love the idea of being able to try everything...what a delicious post...we must find a good tapas place here in dallas!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh and ps! we totally saw the strokes/eagles of death metal on that tour! in tulsa though...what a great show :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous6.1.11

    mmmm looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  13. nice little sample session you got going on there. I love that dual-coca shot. Try to get ur hands on some pata negra (jamon iberico) out there.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I was also surprised by the food in Spain when I went there. It's definitely not rice and beans like a lot of people think. It's a Spanish-speaking country but it's still Europe and right next to France!

    Malaga looks just wonderful!

    http://bradfordandcatherine.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. You look stunning (as always)! Calamari is so good!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can't wait to hear more about the Tapas, I'm reliving my time in Spain through these posts. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yum!!
    Also see a lot of glass bottles (your coke photo) here in Germany.

    Laura in Ludwigsburg

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ahh I would love to go to spain! Your photos so far are great!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Anonymous9.1.11

    found your site on del.icio.us today and really liked it.. i bookmarked it and will be back to check it out some more later

    ReplyDelete
  20. oh wow!
    I'm in love with travels,
    and I'm so glad I ran into your blog!
    Ive been reading another similar blog mr & mrs globe trot, and I'm in love with the photography and the stories! Cant wait too see where you guys have been! I think thats so amazing that a young couple with passion for travel get to do this and share their life.
    Thanks!
    I'll definantly be back.

    ♥
    Pearl

    ReplyDelete
  21. Those olives look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love tapas and most definitely love Coke Light!!

    ReplyDelete

archives

Bloglovin

Follow

Flickr