sweetiepie

• 20 comments •


Do you subscribe to Goop? It's Gwenyth Paltrow's lifestyle blog/newsletter. I have been saving all the emails since the very first one because 1) there are great suggestions for places to go and things to do around the world and 2) I am mildly obsessed with her (I know, don't hate me... but Great Expectations is one of my favourite movies).


Sweetiepie was one of Gwenyth's recommendations for a good 'kid friendly' place. Although we don't have kids, we were advised that they have the best mac 'n cheese in the city, so when we were shopping in the West Village, we popped in. (Update: Sad news, they've closed since we were there... due to a "fire in the kitchen" a.k.a bad debt... I guess that my contribution of paying for their ridiculously overpriced mint lemonade did not help.)


You Might Also Like

20 comments

  1. I love goop! I save them too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous13.11.10

    Love, love, love this post! Looks romantic and charming. Too bad they had to close :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh! the place looks too great to be closed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My two little girly girls would love this place!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that place looks so fabulous! i'm honestly kinda sad they closed... i was about to put it on my list of must-see places

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Goop (and Gywneth) too! Too bad the placed closed down, it looked cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks fab, your photos always look amazing too :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm beyond obsessed with her and Goop! I adore that pic of you, just gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great photos. That red seater is amazing. Too bad it's no longer around.

    www.iheartcocoon.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. i have heard of them through goop and the place looked so magical inside.. too bad they closed!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am in love with your photos, the places you go and obsessed with your blog. You two are the cutest couple!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's a shame they closed, that mac n cheese looks to die for. And just how ridiculously over priced was there lemonade?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nadette - It was $4. We thought we'd get a huge glass but it was really really tiny. It was good lemonade though!

    ReplyDelete
  14. i'm extremely jealous right now. first of all, i'd love to have a photo of myself on that pink couch. secondly, that mac&cheese looks like the best mac&cheese ever made. third, you two are just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can't believe they closed!
    It was pretty overpriced but they're hot chocolate was so good and a slice of cake came in the shape of a miniature cake. It was so good. :(

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh and the straws were cute and the little plastic monkeys on the drinks. :(

    ReplyDelete
  17. so how was the mac 'n cheese?
    i love all the pictures in this post!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Never been there but now I'll try it out. : P

    ReplyDelete
  19. The last picture with the mirror reflection is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  20. i love that picture! i will now be following your blog/sliiightly obsessing over every thing you post.

    ReplyDelete

archives

Bloglovin

Follow

Flickr