koi

• 10 comments •


We discovered Koi in Las Vegas, were reunited with it in Los Angeles, and knew we had to go to it's New York location. We haven't ordered anything there that we didn't like and the service has always been above par. Whenever there is an opportunity to get green tea ice cream, we take it (in Japan, you can buy mini Häagen-Daz in green tea flavor!) Neither of us were familiar with mochi before we ordered dessert. Our understanding is that mochi is usually a cake. The ice cream that we got had a "skin"of mochi and it was kind of strange - not bad, just different. In truth, you just go to Koi for the crispy rice, because it's the best thing you will ever taste. I think they have one more location in Thailand. Bangkok, here we come!
      {Crispy Rice topped with Spicy Tuna Tartar}                                 +                   {Creamy Rock Shrimp Tempura wrapped in Soy Paper}
{Green Tea Japanese Mochi Ice Cream}

You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. Wow, those dishes look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the recommendation. Will definitely be going to the one in LA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ummm I love me some good mochi. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. that dessert looks amazing!!!

    ps: i'd love it if you would stop by : )
    http://lifespelledjen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. omg i LOVE koi! when i was in LA a few years ago with a bestie i decided we HAD to go to restaurant frequent by celebrities to see if we could spot one (cheesey - i know!) so we went to koi.

    i agree - the crispy rice is AMAZING! everything was SO good.

    (and FYI we totally spotted Rod Stewart - he walked right by our table lmao)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also love crispy rice, and I'm always at a look out for new and exciting places to have 'em! Koi's on my list now. That crispy rock shrimp looks delish as well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You can get the Haagen Daz green tea ice cream from most any Albertsons! My roommates and I get it all the time! My favorite dessert when I have sushi is tempura green tea ice cream... Sooo yummy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's pretty cool that the only location they have outside of the US is Thailand! I've heard great things about Koi and seeing this post makes me want to go dine their soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mochi ice cream is go good! I can't believe this was your first time. ;) I first had it years ago at a sushi restaurant in boston, and now I buy the trader joes green tea and peach flavors!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I JUST went to Koi in Las Vegas - it was delicious!!

    ReplyDelete

archives

Bloglovin

Follow

Flickr