rivas

• 6 comments •

rivas

To get to Costa Rica from San Juan Del Sur we took a cab ride to Rivas to catch another Tica Bus (this cab ride was much more pleasant than the last one). We’ve used Tica Bus before and normally we embarked and disembarked at proper bus terminals. This time there was no terminal, just an unmarked curb, in the sun, to wait for the bus. Under a tree and near a construction site, we found a pile of bricks to sit on just a few feet from where the other passengers were waiting.

"bus stop"
Keeping us amused were these unsupervised Nicaraguan children and their dangerous shenanigans (if you can’t tell they’re trying to reach through barbed wire):

shenanigans
Next stop: Costa Rica!

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. When I lived in Honduras, I took the Tica bus to San Salvador and also to Managua. The bus stop for me was a gas station on the Pan American highway - pretty much on the very outskirts of town. The bus was supposed to pass by the gas station at 9:30am and didn't show up until noon!! The entire time I kept debating whether it was actually going to show up or not...very frustrating. Both times my lovely Tica bus had a broken air conditioner...I was not impressed. Hopefully your experience is WAYYYY better!

    I love Costa Rica, maybe you can get some good surfing in there...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rivas is my mother's maiden name. hmm...I wonder how many towns in Spanish-speaking countries are named that. I'm from a tiny town that has similar bus stops...unmarked, with children running around and chickens nearby. I'm loving your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving your pictures, too! I love seeing the world through your eyes / lens.

    ReplyDelete
  4. can't wait to see costa rica!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love your header oh so much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have done that bus trip. The border is crazy! Not scary-crazy just crazy. I love, love, love Costa Rica.

    ReplyDelete

archives

Bloglovin

Follow

Flickr